Wasel & Wasel counsels clients on commercial arbitral disputes from strategy to enforcement. Our team has substantial experience in handling small to large scale commercial arbitrations, whether domestic, foreign, or multi-jurisdictional, complimented with our expertise in various sectors ranging from construction to trade, insurance, banking and finance, and aviation. We also have in-depth knowledge of the global arbitral institutions, with hearings conducted in Arabic or English, including:
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Qatar International Centre for Conciliation and Arbitration (QICCA)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
We assist private investors, corporations, and governments providing independent representation as sole counsel or acting as first-chair or second-chair in collaboration with other firms. We also provide expert reports on domestic law and our lawyers have been on both sides of the podium – as witnesses and cross-examiners.
Our investor-State disputes team represents investors in disputes arising under investment treaties and investment contracts, and have experience in regional and international conventions such as the Arab Investment Agreement or the OIC Investment Agreement.