With over 30 years experience in law, David works at the intersection of law, regulation, policy and his clients’ commercial aims to achieve unique and valuable solutions.
David has extensive experience participating in court hearings and has appeared in more than 4,000 matters before the High Court, the Federal Court, the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT), the NSW Supreme Court, the NSW District and Compensation Courts, the Hong Kong Magistrates Court, Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT), the NSW Health Care Complaints Commission, the NSW Anti-Discrimination Board, the NSW Industrial Commission, and the NSW Coronial Court.
David has worked as general counsel for almost 25 years in industries including finance, healthcare and education. He creates pragmatic, innovative approaches to resolving issues, disputes and problems.
David acts for high technology organisations, private equity funds, health care providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers and universities. He serves as a part-time member of the Australian Administrative Appeals Tribunal and teaches corporate and commercial law, legal operations and managing legal risk to practising lawyers.
His expertise includes:
- Extensive strategic advisory and advocacy experience in diverse issues including mergers and acquisitions, compliance programs, litigation, complex corporate transactions and business development.
- A recognised capacity to identify, manage and reduce legal risks.
- Advising leaders, including chief executive officers and boards.
- Skilled at building trust and rapport with stakeholders at all levels within an organisation.
- Experienced governance adviser.
His legal skills include contracting, procurement, negotiation, governance, intellectual property, dispute resolution and damage control. His approach is based on collaboration and influence to successfully add value and provide business solutions.